1 Editorial coverage
The Journal of Aeronautical Materials (JAM) publishes original research and review papers covering a broad spectrum of aeronautic and astronautic materials with promising applications. Papers should meet the following requirements: innovative and original; explicit viewpoint; clear and coherent logic; reliable data; simplified expression.
2 Submission requirements
(1) Papers should be submitted in the type of WORD(﹡.doc) document within the limit of 10M, and the documents larger than 10M cannot be uploaded and must be compressed.
(2) No review fees are needed, but each published paper is charged ￥250/page for article processing fees (the cost of color figures is charged depending on the circumstances). Details for paying the fees are listed in the Acceptance Notification. Remuneration will be paid and one journal will be supplied for free to the corresponding author after publication.
(3) Fund categories and numbers must be noted for the projects subsidized by the funds above the provincial level, and the fund number may also be listed in Acknowledgement.
(4) Requirements for word count: research paper: 5000-7000 words; review paper: 8000-15000 words.
3 Format of papers
The abstract is the window and the content is the essence of a paper. The abstract is independent from the main body of the paper and should summarize the innovation of the paper accurately, definitely and integrally, with word count around 400-600. Tips for writing abstracts:
(1) The abstract should state briefly the purpose of the research, the process and the approaches used, the principal results and major conclusions. No background is needed, or, if necessary, an introduction of no longer than a line is tolerable. The process and the approaches should be stated in details, and the results and the conclusions should be listed definitely.
(2) The abstract of a review paper should briefly conclude core idea, such as research status and prospect, etc.
(3) The abstract should be clear, concise and complete, and it is advisable to use short sentences with varied structures. Past tense is used for stating the author’s work, and the present tense is used to state the conclusions.
(4) The expressions such as “this study is the improvement for the past work” should not be presented in the abstract. Words that show the significance and the future research of the paper should also not be mentioned.
The introduction of a paper should be around 1000 words. The introduction consists of 3 parts: the research background, the research progress at home and abroad and the contribution of the present work. The research progress should be the newest, and the references include domestic and overseas papers (better not quoting for the secondary reference). The references should include 15 papers at least.
References should be the papers quoting directly from publications, and numbered with Arabic numerals according to the order they firstly appear in the text. Please refer to the Format Requirement for the Paper or the Reference Template.
3.4 Key words
It is advisable to provide 3-5, no more than 7 key words. The key words should represent the core content of the text.
4 Other agreements
(1) A manuscript should be kept by the author. Normal review cycle is within 3months and the processing course can be queried on line. Call (010)62496277 in case of overdue. Rejection is informed for the unaccepted papers.
(2) The average publication cycle is 6-8 months. Publishing cycle of a paper differs quite much because of the differences of review speed and the speed that the author provides revised manuscript.
(3) Please complete security review before submitting the manuscript.
(4) Do not submit the manuscript to other journals in the meantime. If one manuscript is found to be published in two journals, the author will be prohibited from submitting any manuscript to JAM in two years, and the author will be asked to pay for the related loss.
(5) Once a manuscript is found to be submitted repeatedly (including being submitted in different language) or other academic misconduct, such as plagiarizing, is found, the manuscript will be rejected by the editorial office, and the author’s unit will be informed so that the author will be disciplined seriously.
(6) The author’s names and the order of the names should not be changed arbitrarily after the Author’s Statement is signed. The changing is admitted only if all the authors sign a document to agree.
(7) The editor has the right to modify the words and expressions, but the responsibility (concerning politics, academy, security, etc.) of the paper is taken by the author after the proofreading draft (proofed by the author) is published.
(8) The copyright of any articles (printing edition, CD edition and web edition) published in JAM belongs to its editorial board, including the right providing the articles to internet, to database at home and abroad and to index organizations. Remuneration will be paid to the author as soon as the article is published.
Download the Information for Autors